The FoodSaver V3460 Vacuum Sealing System is designed compact and sleek with built-in add-on’s to simplify everyday sealing task. This unit is not one of the best rated units, but it is very popular. Reviews go back to 2009 and even today, the unit is still being purchased. Because of the mix reviews, I wouldn’t recommend the FoodSaver V3460 vacuum sealer to someone who does a great deal of sealing. However, it would be ideal for users who have occasional vacuum sealing needs such as packing and storing leftovers and repackaging.
The fact is, we all have our favorite and must have appliances, and for some of us, a vacuum sealer is one of them. Depending on how often it’s used, you may prefer a compact unit that can stay out on the counter-top for quick access. If your preference is to store the unit in a cabinet when not in use, the FoodSaver V3460 will take up limited storage space and can easily be tucked away.
When foods are vacuum sealed, you can expect them to last longer than they would when stored by way of other storage methods such as wrapping with saran wrap or foil paper, using ziplock bags, and storing in non vacuum sealed containers. Vacuum sealing allows foods to stay fresher up to 5 times longer, making storing leftovers and bulk food purchases, effortless. Additionally, you can expect to eliminate freezer burns, decrease food prepping times and cut down food marinating times with the FoodSaver V3460 vacuum sealer.
More on The FoodSaver V3460 Vacuum Sealer
No one likes complicated processes! The FoodSaver V3460 sealing process seem to be simple enough. Just prep foods for sealing, insert the bag into the FoodSaver V3460 vacuum sealer, and the unit will sense the bag and begin to operate. Settings can be selected based on food type to create the perfect seal.
- Vertical Design: Consumes less space
- Crush Free Instant Seal: Keep delicate items protected during the sealing process
- Smart Seal Technology: Automatic Operations; Once bag is inserted, it is automatically detected and the sealing process begins.
2 Vacuum Speed settings
- Adjust speed based on food type…normal and gentle options
2 Food Choice Settings
- Choose from moist and dry food settings
Built-In Bag Storage
- Integrated compartment for storing FoodSaver bag rolls.
Built-in Bag Cutter
- Make customized bags without the need for scissors. The built-in bag cutter makes sizing bags easy.
- Catches spillovers. Included drip tray is removable and dishwasher safe.
Extra wide Sealing Strip
- Create air tight, more secure seals.
- Quickly marinade steaks, veggies and other foods to add flavor and tenderness.
FoodSaver V3460 Included Accessories
This appliance comes with a start up pack to allow for use upon arrival. It’s a good practice to use the included accessories before buying extra items to get a general idea of what size bags will work best for you. Included accessories are listed below.
3 – quart size bags
2 – gallon size bags
1 – roll of bag material
FV3460 Vacuum Sealing System Pros and Cons
Conventional storage methods simply do not make the cut when considering storing foods long term. One of the biggest problems with storing leftovers is when foods are not stored properly, the quality decreases. Additionally, foods spoil faster and freezer burn often occur when they are not packed the right way.
With the rising cost of food, especially meats, taking advantage of sales may be the best way to save money. Individuals who live alone often spend more because the portions sold are not single servings so there’s always extras. Even if they try to save by buying in bulk, doing so can be a challenge without being able to vacuum pack and seal foods. Since vacuum packing foods extend the life off foods, there’s no need to worry about foods going bad before you’re ready to use them.
The V3460 vacuum sealing system has over one hundred thirty reviews (at the time in which this review is being written). Over half of the reviewers gave the unit 4 or 5 star ratings. So while the average rating isn’t the best, the high number of users who recommend this unit should not be ignored.
The pros reported include but are not limited to the below listed:
- Easy to use. Although reading the manual would be advised, the FoodSaver V3460 doesn’t require much of a learning curve
- Nice design. For many users this is a plus. Black is a popular color that goes with everything. So although the unit is small enough to put away when not in use, it can also be left on the counter without taking away from your current decor
- Reliable seals. While some users reported having problems with the unit sealing properly, many users reported having no problem with the FoodSaver V3460 and stated that the unit worked well and was easy to operate.
- Use right out of the box. Comes with everything needed to begin vacuum sealing right away.
- Affordable price.
Quite a few negative comments were reported. Some owners were more than disappointed with the units performance and insist that it is not a good buy, even at its low price. Some users reported that they were only able to get reliable seals sometimes. Others reported having problems with getting the unit to sense the bag and having problems with the unit removing air from the bags.
To obtain the best results from this FoodSaver, I would suggest taking time to read the manual and over customer reviews to get helpful tips, and only using the unit in the manner in which it is intended to be used. Also, it’s always a good idea to call the manufacturer with any issues. This unit has been out for just about five years and is still being purchased over newer FoodSaver model vacuum sealers.
If you’re not planning on using the unit anytime soon, I suggest giving it a few trial runs to make sure the unit it working as it should. If there is a problem with the unit, don’t hesitate to return it as soon as it is discovered.
Available in black
Approximately 1lb..very light weight. 17.8″ x 7.9″ x 16.3″