The Waring Vacuum Sealer Pro PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional is a handy appliance that can simplify sealing task while taking up minimum space. It is a lightweight unit with a pistol style design, making it a very easy to use. With the Pro PVS 1000 sealer, you can protect foods longer, while saving time and money.
Most of us have appliances in our possession that we rarely or almost never use. Usually its because putting them to use takes more time and effort than its worth. Other hinders may be bulkiness, lack of simplicity or less than convenient design. However, this appliance is not one of those. The Waring Vacuum Sealer is easy to access and simple to use so you’ll never have to go out of your way to put it to use.
Now for seasoned vacuum sealer users, you may be wondering how the Waring Vacuum Sealer compare to counter-top, external vacuum sealers. This vacuum sealer is powerful enough to be used by professional cooks in hotel and restaurant settings. Simplicity, convenience and ease of use is what the Waring Vacuum Sealer has to offer.
Read More on the Waring Vacuum Sealer Pro PVS1000 Vac Professional Sealer Below
The Waring Vacuum Sealer Pro PVS1000 Pistol Vac operates of a heavy duty rechargeable battery. The unit sits on a rechargeable stand with no memory retention which means you can expect no damage from overcharging.
Easy To Use
No learning curve involved
Pistol Style Vac, Compact size
Unit is easy to store and move around
Cordless Hand-held Vacuum Sealer
Operates of a rechargeable battery
Operating the Waring Vacuum Sealer PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer
To use the Waring vacuum sealer see below:
- Prepare the foods for storing. Pack only dry foods. Once foods are prepared and placed in bags for sealing, use the zip tool to close the bag.
- Place the sealer on the valve and pull the handle to remove air from packaging.
- Put foods up for storing in the freezer or pantry depending on food type.
- When marinating foods, make sure to use the sealer in a upright position and if any liquids get into the valve clean immediately before proceeding. Foods are sealed in seconds. If the sealing process begin to take longer, it may be necessary to trouble shoot the vacuum sealer.
- Use the Waring Pro PVS1000 vacuum sealer to pack and seal foods, store important papers and to save time and money.
Waring Vacuum Sealer Pro PVS1000 Vacuum Sealer Review
24 bags- 12 (1) gallon bags and 12 (1) quartz bags
Waring Vacuum Sealer storage bags are 6 mils strong and made for reuse. They are dishwasher safe and safe for boiling and freezing. Optional bags can be purchased in different sizes.
4.2″ x 11.9″ x 10.8″ ; 3.5lbs
Waring Vacuum Sealer Pro VS1000 Cleaning and Care
Cleaning the Vacuum Sealer
When cleaning, always make sure the unit is unplugged.
Remove suction cup by rotating to unlock position.
Rinse or wipe suction cup only once removed with warm soapy water.
The inner rubber nozzle can also be removed for cleaning.
Use a non abrasive cloth to clean the vacuum sealer and the base.
All parts should be completely dry before putting them back into place for use.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Reusable Bags
Bags can be washed by hand with warm soap and water or placed inside the dishwasher for cleaning. Reusing bags after storing raw meats is not recommended as doing so can cause illness. Refer to Waring Vacuum Sealer manual for cleaning seal valve and for more instructions on how to properly maintain the unit.
Things To Consider
- Waring Vacuum Sealer does not work on moist and wet foods. So this may not be a good sealer for fisherman and hunters.
- This unit is not meant for outdoor use
- Objects with pointed edges will tear bags if not packaged properly
- The Waring Vacuum Sealer Pistol Vac can not be opened. Trying to do so will likely damage the vacuum sealer.
Customer Reviews Summary
The Waring Pro PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer has very good reviews. At the time in which this article is being written it has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars with over 50 user reviews.
Very strong bags
Space saving appliance
Bags are reusable
Can be used with attachments for jar sealers
Makes a great second unit (you’ll probably find yourself using it more than your main unit)
Some users reported having problems with the sealer not creating effective seals and suggested it may have been due to bags being defective. This however have no bearings on the performance of the food sealer itself if the bags were defective.
Also, some users were concerned with the unit being battery operated only and wondered what would happen once the battery stopped charging. No one has reported having to replace the unit due to battery life running out. Waring Pro does offer a 5 year warranty on the motor which in my opinion indicates their confidence in the workmanship of their product.
Note: Because the Waring vacuum sealer is battery operated, it should not be used for large sealing jobs requiring lengthy sealing periods.
Limited 5 year warranty on the motor